Saturday, 22 May 2010

Elephants!!!



Quite literally everywhere, as long as you class Central London as everywhere! I went for a meal with my friends Sophie and Niamh and I knew about 250 elephants had been placed around London to help raise awareness of the plight of the poor Asian Elephant. I was determined to find one and with that many in the area I didn't have to search for long. I had a map but being a girl I couldn't find them reading the map I did indeed just stumble upon them whilst showing Sophie the delights of Ella's bakehouse.

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful Elephant! I want him for my bedroom. We have cows where I am from. Artists paint them up and put them everywhere. I dont really know what its for other than to bring the tourists. I like looking at them, though not quite as exciting as Elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's got to be one of the most effective campaigns ever - everyone seems interested!!! I heard that a lot of them are going up for auction in July but sadly they start at £500 - £750 so I think I am going to have to make do with some photos instead. I went out today and found over 30 more ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Did you see them all together at the Royal Hospital Chelsea??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly I didn't - I was in Scotland at the time but I went out hunting them one weekend and saw over 100 I think.

    ReplyDelete